I’ve been making these cookies a lot lately and they are always a hit anywhere I bring them. Imagine a cupcake colliding with a cookie. The soft sugar cookie combined with the fluffy vanilla frosting make for a blissful combination. The only frustrating part is that they don’t stack well, but the flavor and texture makeup for any packing misfortunes.
Mise en Place:
1 box white cake mix (with pudding in the mix)
2/3 cup cake flour (you can use A.P. if that’s all you have)
2 large eggs
1/3 cup canola oil
2 T sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl sift together flour and cake mix
- In a small bowl mix eggs, oil and sour cream.
- Add egg mix to flour mix and beat until combined.
- Chill for about an hour
- Scoop, roll, press onto a baking sheet
- Bake until you see the slightest hint of brown on the edge (about 10 minutes but every oven is different so you’ll have to check. You want them soft.)
- Cool completely before frosting.
While the cookies bake make the frosting.
1 ½ stick unsalted butter, softened
3 c. powdered sugar
Pinch of salt
2 t. vanilla (or more)
Milk/cream to thin out (shouldn’t be necessary if butter is soft enough, sometimes I just add a bit more vanilla to adjust)
- Whip it like crazy until nice and fluffy
- Spread onto the cookies.
- Add sprinkles right after you frost.