This recipe is inspired by a chicken salad I had at a local deli. It isn’t perfected just yet but I want to write it down before I forget the ingredients. By using a rotisserie chicken you avoid having to turn the oven on which is ideal in during summer heat. The sweetness and acidity from the tomatoes and white balsamic vinegar is a nice contrast with the rich chicken and creamy mayo.
Chicken Salad – Serves 4
1 rotisserie chicken from your local grocery
1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 c. frozen corn
1/2 c. frozen peas
1/4 c. chopped green onion
2 T. chopped flat leaf parsley
2 stalks of celery, sliced
1/2 c. mayo
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 c. white balsamic vinegar
s/p to taste
- Remove the meat from the chicken and chop into small chunks and transfer to a large bowl. Discard the skin and save the chicken bones to make broth for a later time
- Add to the chicken the corn, peas, tomato, onion, parsley and celery
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayo, garlic, vinegar and pour over the chicken mix
- Stir to incorporate and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce with a gorgeous piece of bread.