This is my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. This recipe will yield a lot of cookies and most often I roll the dough into logs, double wrap it in plastic wrap and freeze. When you need cookies, remove from the freezer and slice the dough, pan and bake.
Modified from the Neiman Marcus Cook Book
Yield: about 4 dozen
1 cup ( 2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
2 cups dark brown sugar
6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
2 large eggs
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 Tablespoon instant espresso
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugars with a hand mixer, 30 seconds or until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla
- In another bowl sift (or mix with a whisk) the flour, bk soda, bk powder, salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mix and mix until just combined and then mix in the chocolate chips and instant coffee.
- Drop onto a cookie sheet in 2 tablespoon scoops.
- Bake about 20 min or until just golden around the edges. I typically don’t use convection heat and will rotate the pans 1/2 through to ensure even baking.