With football season starting I thought I’d post this recipe. The salty and crunchy texture paired with the dill flavor are a perfect accompaniment to a cold beer. This is great to travel with, bring to a party or simply snack on at home while watching football.
The measurement will depend on the size of the bag of oyster crackers you buy. If it is a smaller bag, use the smaller measurement but much of this is also to taste so use your judgment. I almost always end up adding more salt and dill but it’s up to you.
12 oz to 16 oz bag of oyster crackers
¾ c. – 1 c. Vegetable Oil
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Powder Ranch Dressing mix
½ to 1 teaspoon Dill Weed
Kosher Salt to taste
Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 250° F
- Whisk the oil, ranch powder, and dill weed together in a bowl.
- Dump the oyster crackers onto a large pan.
- Drizzle the oil mix over the crackers and season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the crackers a golden brown and have dried out. Turn them in the oven every 5 minutes or so.
- Don’t be afraid to taste them to adjust the salt/pepper and check if you need more dill weed.