We’re having a family dinner today and my mom is serving this salad with grilled steak and salmon. I’m not certain of its origin but it is one my mom uses often and everyone loves. You can make it ahead of time and then warm before serving, in which case you may need to add a little more oil. I think it would also be delicious as a cold salad for a casual lunch. This recipe is fresh, easy and inexpensive to make.
Serves 6 as a side dish
1/2 pound Orzo pasta
Kosher salt & pepper to taste
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Zest of 2 large lemons
1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Cook the orzo in salted water about 12 minutes or al dente
- Drain the pasta but do not rinse under water
- Pour the drained pasta into a large bowl
- Add the olive oil, lemon zest, parsley, salt and pepper to the pasta and mix.
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.